Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Have I got fleas or some kind of infestation in my bed/house?

Hello, this sounds awful:





I woke up about a fortnight ago (after going to Thorpe Park) with nasty bites on my ankles, and symmetrically up my leg. At first I thought they were normal insect bites as we went on the hottest day of the year so far. For a couple of days after, I woke up with more bites, on my arms, and a large one on my neck. By large, I mean maybe the size of two capital letters BB, or a little larger, in square diameter. These were very itchy and nasty.





Since, I've had one or two bites (although I have been outside a lot, I notice them only when I wake up). These have been much smaller, and only little welts that weren't as itchy. I've stripped my bed, washed my bedclothes and the sleeping bag I was in the night after Thorpe Park, washed a lot of my clothes. I haven't been able to hoover because it's broken.





I haven't had any bites for a while, but I seem to be itching all the time, even when wearing clean clothes, especially when I get into bed. I've searched my bed with a small torch, I can't see anything big enough to be a bed bug. I cannot work out whether it is my imagination or not.





I'm a student, I have no animals and the only theory I've got is that I picked up something from the water rides at the theme park. It's driving me mad, though. Could anyone tell me what the likelihood is I've got some kind of infestation? If not, anything else that might cause me to itch? If so, how do I deal with it?





Sorry, quite a lot there.Have I got fleas or some kind of infestation in my bed/house?
They could be chiggers, fleas, ticks,red bugs, or recently booming numbers of bed bugs that have been reported in apartments throughout Texas and other surrounding states. I would check my bed and spray.If your head itches also it could be lice. And lice are not the bugs you want.


Your case sounds like Chiggers, I would look it up on the internet.Have I got fleas or some kind of infestation in my bed/house?
My cat has tracked in fleas a few times since I've had it. I got nasty little bites on my ankles because they got into my clothes (especially socks) and would bite me all the time. I'd suggest flea bombing your house. That always worked for me.
It sounds like a dust mite allergy. That's how I used to get. Mine also just developed for no reason. The big one on your neck probably was just a bug though. I suggest going to get allergy testing at a dermatologist.
could be hives from something you're allergic to that you came in contact with while out and about. Get some Benadryl or Claritin for allergies and see if that clears them up. If they turn into black scabs or pustules, it could be a staph infection and you'll need antibiotics. Either way, you were right in washing everything right away.
Looks like bed bugs. You have to get up in the middle of the night to search your bed, or under pillows, in the corners of pillow covers, after you have slept at least for an hour, as they come out from their hiding to begin the bites, then disappear towards the morning.





If it is really bed bugs, after you see them at night, chinese chalk will help, it is some kind of poison they sell at some chinese stores. You draw lines with those chalks all around your bed frame, and be cautious not to touch them yourself while sleeping. When bugs cross over those lines, they get poisoned and they die.
  • red hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment