Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What are the average bill costs a month for a single person in a 2/3 bed house in the UK?

I know you can't give exact costs because you don't know how I live etc.. just want to know other people's costs to get a bit of an idea.





I want to know the normal bill costs (Gas, Elec, Water, TV, any other bills that are essential) for one person living in a 2/3 bed house in Mid Glamorgan, Wales.





I would watch quite a bit of TV, and use a computer a lot but not much else to take up electricity apart from the obvious like lighting. I'd prob use the washing machine once a week and wouldn't be using a tumble dryer. I'll rarely cook.


I'll be strict with heating and only put it on when its absolutely freazing. I'll be using a shower, rarely running baths, don't know if that makes a diff with the water costs.





ThanksWhat are the average bill costs a month for a single person in a 2/3 bed house in the UK?
In my experience there won't be a massive difference in costs between one person and two, as long as you both have the same lifestyle. Still the same lights, tv electricity, heating etc. Maybe a small difference in washing machine running costs only.





Two of us share a 3-bed house (previously a 2-bed flat) and are out at work all day, no kids etc. Our monthly essential bills are approx (based on annual averages):





Council tax - 拢100 per month (if over 12 mths but 25% reduction for single person)


Electricity - 拢20 per month


Gas - 拢20 per month (mimimal heating plus hot water %26amp; cooking)


Water - 拢16 a month (based on estimated usage I think)


TV license - 拢11 a month





As phone and sky tv etc are not essential I haven't included.





In total then about 拢140, as you are own your own, I'd imagine it will be more like 拢120 - 拢130.





Seems loads when you aren't splitting it!What are the average bill costs a month for a single person in a 2/3 bed house in the UK?
If your on a meter with water then it will but otherwise i spend around 拢70 a month on heat, light and water. I pay minimum water rates 拢6.69 a month and have prob 2 baths a day!!! I'm clean!! I use the washer everyday am permanantly on the xbox with the stereo on and cook everynight also i use the dryer if the weather is naff so hope that helps???
i'm in a 3 bed house with 2 kids


gas - 40 a month


leccy - 21 a month


water 40 a month


tv licence - 12 a month


virgin media xl tv and m broadband - 31.50 a month

No comments:

Post a Comment