Sunday, February 21, 2010

My neice is renting my Dads 3 bed house. She is paying 拢300 pcm. There is no agreement. Should I get one?. ?

This was to be a short term solution. Originally this rent was all she could afford. She has now received a settlement. Her boyriend is staying with her. she has daughter age 5. My neice is renting my Dads 3 bed house. She is paying 拢300 pcm. There is no agreement. Should I get one?. ?
I know it is just temting to leave it as it is family, but I would def put something in place. If you google short hold assured tenancy Im sure you can find a blank form.





Depending on the size of the house and the location that seems very cheap!My neice is renting my Dads 3 bed house. She is paying 拢300 pcm. There is no agreement. Should I get one?. ?
Hi the fact that she is paying rent, and your father is accepting it, is grounds for a AST, it does not have to be in a written form, as long as she has proof she pays rent and you father can proof he receives it then you are covered.


But if her boyfriend has moved in the he needs to be on an agreement, so it would be good to put then on an ast, covers you both. And if he is there as rent increase wouldn't go a miss, 拢300 is less that the government asses a room for a single person should cost.


Shelter is a good site, will let you know what to do.
It would hurt to have something binding her to an agreement. But it is up to the owner of the house. If it were me yes, what if she decides to stay longer? More than three months? or doesn't pay up? or something happens to the house (damage caused by renter), who pays for it then? i would just have something to protect yourself. it will hold up more in court if you have a agreement than nothing at all! Just draw up a document and have two people non related sign as witness and your good! Good luck
Most definitely. Where money is involved, whatever the reason. Some strange things can happen even when family are concerned
I would get a agreement/contract in place, family or no family.
Shouldn't it be up to your Dad to decide whether he wants her to sign an agreement or not?
  • red hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment