Sunday, February 21, 2010

I want a second baby I live in a 2 bed house, advice please?

I really want to start trying for a second child I already have a 1 year old girl, but I am worried because they would ahve to share a room and I don't know how I would fit everything in, and whether they would like it and also what if it's a boy, how long can a boy and a girl share a room before it becomes innapropriate?


I really don't want to move as I really love the place I am at and the rent is cheap, it is the best area for miles around to bring up kids and I am so lucky to have got it.I want a second baby I live in a 2 bed house, advice please?
I am the mother of three kids. A son, 2 and a half ,and twins, a boy and a girl 15 months old, and they all three share one room. As young as your daughter is she not likely to mind a roommate. In order to fit them in you need to think compact. Clothes bins that slide under the cribs are wonderful and purge any thing that you or your daughter don't use. I have a friend who let her son and daughter share a room until her daughter was 8 and her son was 6. She decorated one side of the room for her daughter and one side for her son. It worked out fine. I say go for that second baby and enjoy being a mom, even in a two bedroom.I want a second baby I live in a 2 bed house, advice please?
If you really what another child then move into a bigger house if you can not afford a larger house then wait a while longer so that you can afford another child.
My brother and I shared a bunk bed in the living room until I was 8 and he was 10. We didn't mind so much, but it must have made it embarrassing for my parents to have friends over.
I'm kind of in the same situatuin right now. I have an 18 month old daughter and am currently pregnant with a child due in June of next year. By the time the new baby is born my daughter will be 2. When the new baby is born we plan on keeping him/her in our room in a bassinet until he/she grows out of it. It's also easier because I'll be nursing so I won't have to go to another room and if the baby ever cries it won't wake up my daughter. That's our plan. After that if we are still in a 2 bedroom then we will have them share the room, we'll just put my daughter in a toddler bed. Well hope this helps!
You'll probably have the baby in your room for a couple of months. As for how long the kids could share a room, I don't see a problem until about the age of 8 when they start really picking up on gir/boy differences. just make sure they are private about changing clothes after the age of 5 or 6. we are in a 4 br adn TTC..we have a girl and want a boy...so we would be in the same situtaion. Itsn't a prob.





Good luck.
you don't want to put the baby in the room with your daughter she will start waking up in the middle of the night with the baby. Also it becomes inappropriate and Children and family services frowns on children past like 7 or 8 sleeping in the same room
We have a 2 bedroom apartment and have a 2yo and i'm expecting child #2. We have no worries whatsoever about our kids sharing a room. Chances are, by the time it matters (if you have both a girl and a boy) you'll have moved on and grown out of your current place. I shared a bedroom with my sisters until I was in 6th grade and we LOVED it! Lots of giggles and someone to hang on to during thunderstorms! You'll make the furniture fit...just use your creativity.
I have three kids and they each have their own room, yet at night, they all like to sleep in the same room, which is usually in my oldest's room because she has a queen bed. It wont be that bad to have two kids sharing a room.
We ended up have three kids in a two bedroom apartment. The older two were in bunk beds and the youngest was in a crib. We put the boys (yes they were all the same sex but we would have done the same thing even if they were not) in the bigger of the two bedrooms. It is amazing what you can store under the bed or crib. You might have to move someday but I would say you have a good 5 or more years.
If your worried about the room situation for your daughter and maybe a new little one, it would be wise to think this thru first. I mean, if your happy where your living and you want another baby....have another baby. But remember that if its a boy, you probably will want to move once they are in grade school. Most children mind it at this age because they want their own space.


I have a two year old daughter and one year old son who LOVE sharing a room. I imagine they'll share it until they ask me to seperate them.


Don't worry though, if you have another child, it will be a while before your children will complain. So much can change by then, you may even decide to move in the future.
Bunk beds! I had my 4 year old son and 3 year old daughter share a room for a little while. They thought it was great! (although I had to keep their out of season clothes packed in boxes because there wasn't enough closet room for everything!) Don't put off having another baby just because they might have to share a room. A lot of kids share rooms with siblings.


Good luck!
maybe you should wait till you have more resources to adequatelly provide for you childrens....my childrens are always getting into some trouble
Do you hava a separate formal dining room? That could be used with a wardrobe for clothing.


A decorative sheet or curtains could split the one bedroom into 2 for a few years anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment