Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My husband thinks I am crazy for allowing my dogs in our bed, house, etc.?

I am a DOG LOVER. My husband thinks dogs are supposed to be outside. He says NOBODY brings there dogs inside and NOBODY allows them in there bed, etc. And I am crazy for treating them like ';kids'; when they are not. Can I get some HONEST opinions out there so I can see what other people think about this? Thanks!My husband thinks I am crazy for allowing my dogs in our bed, house, etc.?
In my opinion, people who keep their dogs outdoors are crazy...they are exposed to all sorts of weather, possible injury and disease, and nearly all outdoor dogs have behavior problems (from lack of contact with their owners). ALL of my friends and family keep their pets indoors, every one of them. I can't think of a single person I know who keeps their dog outdoors. It seems your husband is probably in the minority.





EDIT: I don't know what else I could say to convince your husband that dogs really DO belong in the house. I have 2 Golden Retreivers, an English Setter and a Toy Poodle. They are all house dogs, and I wouldn't even consider having it any other way...I can't see the point of bringing a companion animal (they are pack animals, and need to be with their pack...which is your family) home, and then depriving it of companionship. Dogs really can develop serious issues from loneliness.





Here are a few websites where you may be able to find some statistics to back up your argument: http://hsus.org/ http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer http://dogsdeservebetter.com/ Hope these help!My husband thinks I am crazy for allowing my dogs in our bed, house, etc.?
My dog is inside, or outside playing with me or otherwise supervised. He does not hang out outside by himself.





He also sleeps in the bed, but any dogs with any sort of dominance, territorial or behavioral issues should sleep in crates.





I'm pretty sure most people who have dogs, WANT dogs, not living lawn decor. Therefore, I'd feel the majority of dog owners allow them inside, on the sofa, or at least the rug.
Well I agree, our city even requires they be brought in on hot and cold days if no porch or good shelter and no chains allowed. And night barkers are fined also. If you check there fet are clean and no fleas and enough room it is not a problem. But if dog if a bed hog then like my cocker he gets banned to floor. My little dach just buries self and dont even know shes there most time. BUT in respect of husband if he is uncomfortable with it then work out something else. But dog beds are very nice and easily made. Some dogs are very happy outside and adjust fine. So its a family by family thing I guess. My husband grumbels but has adjusted on most part but I am one that cleans their mess and if they get in trash, whatever. *mamatx

No comments:

Post a Comment