Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Will i be alowed to live in a 2 bed housing accociation house on my own?

i currently live in a large 3 bed house with my children as a single father i have bought my children up as a single parent for last few years but recently there mother has made contact and wants the children to live with her .i will no longer need a home this size so have looked for a mutal exchange i have found a family who want bigger home and mine is perfect for them .they have a small 2 bed house which id like to move into if my ex takes my children to live with her would the housing accociation allow me to live there on my ownWill i be alowed to live in a 2 bed housing accociation house on my own?
Yes as long as you don't owe them any money.They wouldn't even allow the exchange if you did. You will be helping them out by allowing a larger family to have your house....................Will i be alowed to live in a 2 bed housing accociation house on my own?
TELL THEM THAT YOU NEED AN EXTRA BEDROOM TO ACCOMODATE YOU KIDS WHEN THEY COME TO SLEEP OVER YOURS..IF THEY DON'T AGREED KEEP YOR HOME AND LIVE THERE THEY CANNOT KICK YOU OUT AS LONG AS YOU PAY YOUR RENT..GOOD MAN THERE'S A LOT OF PEOPLE HOPING TO GET A BIGGER HOUSE...EVERYONE SHOULD FOLLOW YOUR EXAMPLE...
I would imagine so as i would assume your children will be coming to visit therefore you would need a room for them, to stay in.
Since HOA's make up their own rules, you will have to inquire. Most are thrilled if the total number of children is reduced.
All housing associations have different rules so you would have to ask them, but quite honestly I wouldn't be too hopeful. I say this just because I know of several divorced fathers with children who come and stay who are only given one bedroom flats by our local council, and housing association rules are usually pretty similar, however I don't know if any of them pushed for a two bed. I wouldn't think they'd get it because you would then get two families with double the space. However most of the one bed flats have a separate bedroom and living room so it is technically okay for the children to stay. If they won't let you do the exchange ask what the housing associations policy is on under-occupancy, they might give you a one bedroom, but you would need to insist you got one with the two separate rooms and not a 'studio'.

No comments:

Post a Comment