Saturday, February 20, 2010

How long should a house husband take to clean a small 2 bed house each day?

I think my house is dirty . Mould in the shower , floors dirty, fingerprints on the doors, windows not cleaned Am I expecting too much?How long should a house husband take to clean a small 2 bed house each day?
If he doesn't work AT ALL, then you need to show him what needs to be done. Maybe if the clothes are all picked up, he thinks it's clean - so you need to show him what you mean by CLEANING. If he DOES work, then it's not fair to expect him to do cleaning because laundry and vacuuming and sweeping is pretty time consuming. But honestly, what I have found out myself is that if you want something done right, you're going to have to take your own time to do it yourself. Take a day off work and I know you can clean all that up. :)How long should a house husband take to clean a small 2 bed house each day?
No, a house needs to be kept clean for the health - physical and mental - of its inhabitants. A small 2 bed/2 bath house can be readily kept clean including laundry, dishes and meal preparation in 3 hours per day plus 3-4 hours once per week for more thorough cleaning. That's how long it takes me to maintain a 3+2 that also includes a pool and lanai and I am often complimented on the looks of my home. Of course I have a partner who picks up after himself and is considerate in taking off his shoes at the door, etc. Oh yes, and he also helps load and unload the dishwasher after dinner.
Here is the way I see it: I spent a number of years at home as a housewife, or, as I liked to call myself, ';Domestic Goddess';. I saw it as my ';job';. I had a large 3 bedroom house, a pool, 2 dogs, a cat, and a large yard. Even with a messy house, getting it tidy won't take more than a day. I used to give myself a certain amount of time for each room, factoring in my kids, shopping, etc. Generally, an hour per room, with a little more for the bathroom. That's not big, deep cleaning, just the dusting, picking up, vacuuming, you know, the basics. Once a week i mopped floors, scrubbed tubs, cleaned ceiling fans, etc. My house was clean. Not perfect, but clean. If your hubby has taken on the challenge of being the House Husband, then, like me, he needs to see it as his job. You would get fired for that type of work at a paying job, right? Just sit him down, and be serious with him about it! Let him know how much it bums you out to come home, after working all day, to a yukky house! Maybe he just doesn't get it.... Good Luck, and more power to you Sista!
If its a flat then a couple of hours. If its a house you're looking at the whole day! Its not a game of sexes but rather if there are two rooms and carpets/hard flooring as well as the expectations then leave the man alone to do the work. If its not completed then get him to write a list of the tasks that need to be done which can be quick to do and leave the rooms he has done so that he can get on with other tasks/other rooms/needs.
my husband is good at general chores like doing dishes or laundry but when it comes to things like dusting cobwebs off the walls or cleaning soap scum out of the shower, or smudge marks on the switch plate covers he seems to be oblivious to it.





Sometimes you have to point out certain things or he just wont see them.
No one should live in a dirty house but some people,men and women alike, just hate to clean. If you want this house clean you have a lot of work ahead of you. Do 2 things a week until it is all done. Shower one day 3 days later wipe all the finger prints from every where,the next week do 2 or 3 windows and so one.
This will take a day for each room so that you won't get over whelmed.


Clean top to bottom and do a complete cleaning. If your to tired after the first day, then clean a day off a day ect.
Fingerprints, dirty windows, and a little mold in the shower don't sound like a big deal to me. You may be expecting too much.
I think your relationship is a bigger mess than your house.
I do mine once a week,, or 2 weeks,,, or,,

No comments:

Post a Comment